Acorn Squash Rice Soup
ข้าวต้มฟักทอง Khao Tom Fak Thong
Rice soup is typically served in the morning for breakfast; it is also consumed as a light dinner or lunch. This recipe for acorn squash rice congee is simple, easy, and full of flavor. The acorn squash brings heartiness to the soup without making you feel overstuffed. The soup has a nice balance of sweet and savory flavors. You can also use butternut squash in place of acorn squash for an easy substitution.
- 1/2 cup rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- 1 cup of acorn squash, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a large sauce pan, bring water, the vegetable bullion cube and the rice to a boil. Add acorn squash to the boiling water. Cook the rice soup until the rice is cooked and the acorn squash is cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Turn off the heat. Stir in scallions and cilantro.
- Ladle into 4 bowls for serving.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes