Beef Onigiri (Rice Ball)
Onigiri(cream cheese inside)wrapped with beef marinated in salty-sweet sauce. Japanese rice is the best to make rice ball but this time I cooked with white long grain rice which is easier and cheaper to get. It works!
- 3/4 cup of Uncooked Japanese Rice or White Long Grain Rice
- 2 oz Philadelphia Cream cheese
- 4 Beef Top Round Steak Thin Cut (about 1.2-1.5 lb)
- 2 tablespoon Sake (Cooking Wine)
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chopped Scallions
- 1.Make rice. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil and add rice.
- 2.Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3.While rice is simmering, cut cream cheese into 4 cubes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4.In a bowl, combine sake, sugar and soy sauce. Add beef and marinate beef for 5-10 minutes.
- 5.When rice is done, take 1/4 rice, put 1 cream cheese cube into the center, and shap it ball. Make 4 rice balls.
- 6.Then wrap rice ball with marinated beef and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 7.Put 1/2 teaspoon of chopped scallion on top of each beef rice ball and serve.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 45 minutes