Buchu Kimchi (Spicy Chive Kimchi)
This is a quick version of buchu kimchi that uses more spice and peppers. I also have another version of buchu kimchi
that takes a bit longer to make.
- 2 bunches of Korean chives (buchu 부추)
- 2 green hot peppers
- 1 red pepper
- l cup of hot pepper powder (gochugaru 고추가루)
- 1 cup of water
- 2/3 cup of clear fish sauce (aekjeot 액젓)
- 1 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seed (kaesogum 깨소금)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Buy chives that have narrow leaves, and are not too long – this being traditional type. Wash carefully in a bucket of water, rinse and drain.
- Cut peppers in half; remove the seeds, and cut into narrow strips.
- Mix hot pepper powder with 1 cup of water, then add fish sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds – mix well.
- Mix everything together in a bowl -- chives, peppers and sauce, tossing lightly. You can eat this fresh or store in the room temperature for a day and refrigerate to keep it fresh.
Serving Size: 10
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes