I changed the recipe by adding more coconut on top of the Mochi. You can eat it for a snack or dessert. The Mochi is good with a nice cup of hot green tea.
- 16 oz of Mochiko comes in a white box. That sweet rice flour.
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 1\2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 5 beaten eggs
- 2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 12 oz of coconut milk not sweet the ones use in drinks
- 1 cup of shredded coconut. plus more before baking.
- Preheat oven 350.
- Grease a 9 x13 pan I use shorting to grease the pan with. You can use cooking spray.
- Sift the mochiko.
- Add the sugar and baking powder.
- Add the milk, butter, vanilla, eggs and coconut to the mixture. Mix until batter smooth.
- Pour in pan then add some more coconut as much you like.
- Bake for 1 hour until top crust should be golden brown. Until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool. Slice and enjoy.
Serving Size: 24
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes