Kai Phat Met Mamuang Himaphan ไก่ผัดเม็ดมะม่วงหิมพานต์
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ c. canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced lengthwise
- 5 dried red chili peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 8 oz can whole water chestnut, cut in halves and drained
- 1 c. roasted cashew nuts (unsalted)
- ½ c. green scallions, sliced 2-inch long
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp roasted chili paste
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a small bowl, marinate chicken in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and white pepper. Set aside to marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Toss in the garlic to cook until light golden. Add chicken and cook until it turns opaque. Add sliced onion, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, oyster sauce, roasted chili paste, and sugar; stir until thoroughly mixed. Stir in water and water chestnut and cook for 2 minutes. Add dried red peppers, scallions, and cashew nuts.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes