Chicken satay with spicy sauce
Who doesn't enjoy chicken satay with a spicy peanut sauce? I certainly do not believe anyone will say no to these tasty bites!
A firm restaurant favorite and a common dish in this household for sure.
Great as part of a selection of dishes, a delicious snack or even a starter to a chinese buffet.
Tell me you don't enjoy satay, I dare you. If so, this recipe is far better than any take-out. try it and see!
- 2 Chicken (skinless) breasts (cubed)
- 1 tbs Shaoshing wine
- 1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- Spicy Satay Sauce:
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Small red Thai chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbs Peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 tbs Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Light soy sauce
- 125ml Coconut milk
- 60ml Chicken stock
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onion, garlic and chillies, stirring until onion softened. Add peanut butter, sugar and soy sauce. Stir in coconut milk, stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Leave to cool.
- Combine chicken with with the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and marinade in fridge (pref overnight). Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Grill or BBQ the skewers until cooked through but still juicy.
- In the meantime, warm the satay sauce and serve with the skewers.
Serving Size: 12 small sticks
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 25 minutes