Chinese Egg Drop Soup
Dan Hua Tang - 蛋花湯
Learn how to make Chinese Egg Drop Soup!
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Sherry
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons with water
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, finely grated over a microplane
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated over a microplane
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large sauce pan, bring the chicken stock, soy sauce, Sherry, ginger and garlic to a rolling boil.
- Add cornstarch and cook through for 2-3 minutes. This will thicken the soup
- Stirring gently, pour in the egg in a slow, steady stream. Slowly swirl the soup mixture with a chopstick.
- Lower the heat to low, until the egg strands are cooked through (usually about one minute). You may need to add seasoning like more soy sauce or salt to taste.
- When you are ready to serve, ladle soup into soup bowls and sprinkle green onion on top for garnish.
Serving Size: 4-5
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes