Heart Thumpin' Chicken Chile Salad
This is my own creation and wonderful any time of year. I have also substituted shrimp for the chicken adjusting cooking time, and adding grilled pineapple to the salad. It can also be sprinkled with toasted nuts or sesame seeds.
- 2 Pounds boned, skinned chicken breasts
- 1 Stem Lemongrass sliced or 1 Tablespoon dried crushed lemongrass
- 1 Cup Lee Kum Kee Sweet Chile Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ Pound long beans sliced in 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh lime juice
- 3 Large fresh Red Bell Peppers, stemmed, seeded and julienned
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves, shredded – optional
- ½ Cup fresh Basil Leaves, washed and dried
- ½ Cup Lee Kum Kee Sweet Chile Sauce
- Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry. Prick flesh all over with the tines of a fork; reserve.
- Combine the Lemongrass, chile garlic sauce and vegetable oil in a blender or food processor. Rub mixture all over the chicken breasts. Place chicken on a rack over a baking pan or sheet. Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake chicken 35-40 minutes until juices run clean when punctured, or internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the long bean pieces and cook 2-3 minutes, until crispy tender. Drain and put into an ice bath to cool. Drain well.
- Cool and shred chicken. Mix with the long beans and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer a portion of salad to chilled plates and serve immediately.
- Variation: Add 2 Cups of diced mango to the salad mixture before serving.
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 50 minutes