This is the sauce for Korean BBQ, called kalbi or galbi. For instructions that include the preparation of the meat and cooking, please see this kalbi recipe
. This kalbi marinade is for 10 lbs of kalbi meat.
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- l/2 med size onion, chopped
- 1 med size Asian pear, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp pine nut (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- l/4 cup rice wine or cooking wine
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- l cup of sugar
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Grind green onion, garlic, onion, pear, and pine nut (optional) in a blender adding 1 cup of water.
- Empty the blender contents into a cheesecloth, squeezing out the juice -- it should amount to about 2 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Add soy sauce, cooking wine, sesame oil, sugar and water (1 1/2 more cups) into this liquid and stir well.
- This recipe will make enough sauce for about 10 lbs of meat. In a large tupperware or storage container, place the meat. Pour enough sauce to cover and mix around. Marinate for at least 1 hour or its better to marinate overnight. Leftover marinated kalbi can be frozen for later use. Also leftover sauce can be frozen and used later.
Serving Size: 15
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes