लस्सी / ਲੱਸੀ / لسی
Always a fan of the mango lassi, I was introduced to the traditional lassi or "salty lassi" by a friend and have never looked back. The salty lassi is a uniquely savory and cool drink that is the perfect complement to food. It's best to use whole milk yogurt, or barring that, I've found 1/2 Greek yogurt and 1/2 nonfat or lowfat yogurt also achieves a similar effect.
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (whole milk yogurt is best)
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- several ice cubes
- generous pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Put the ice in a blender and grind until fine. Add the yogurt and water and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the spices and blend again - garnish with mint and serve cold.
Serving Size: 1-2
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes