Mango Sago Pudding
椰香芒果西米露 Ye xiang mang guo xi mi lu
Sago pudding is one of those desserts that infinitely variable. My personal favorite, however, is mango sago pudding -- even though mangoes are sweet, the tartness of the fruit provides a nice balance to the rest of the sweet coconut pudding.
- ½ cup pearl sago
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into chunks
- Bring water to a boil in medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add sago pearls. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes or until sago becomes translucent. Stirring frequently to prevent sago from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the sago pearls in a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring coconut cream and sugar to simmer. Add sago pearls. Cook until pudding becomes slightly thickened (about 3 minutes). Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In small bowls or miniature cups, layer the sago mixture with mango - alternating layers
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes