Mango Sticky Rice
ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง Khao Niao Mamuang
Sticky Rice With Mango or Khao Neaw Mamuang is arguably the most famous dessert in Thailand and the most asked for dessert in Thai restaurants.
- 1 can coconut milk (14-ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked sticky rice
- 2 ripe mangoes, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium sauce pan, heat through the coconut milk, sugar and salt. DO NOT BOIL. You only want the coconut mixture to heat through
- Add the sticky rice to the coconut mixture.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the coconut milk mixture has been absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; the mixture will be very thick.
- Place a mound of the sticky rice on each dessert plate with mango slices. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes