Homemade Onion Bahji, this homemade version beats any takeout!
- 150g gram flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp self raising flour
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 long green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 medium size onion, cut in half and finely sliced
- 200ml water
- Oil for deep frying
- Sift both flours into large bowl, add other dry ingredients and mix in well. Gradually add the water until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the onion slices and mix well to coat in the batter.
- Heat oil to approx 170c. Take rounded tablespoons of mixture and drop into hot oil. Cook in batches and turn halfway through. Cook for approximately 7 mins each batch or until golden brown.
Serving Size: 24 individual bhajis (approx)
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes