Pineapple Fried Rice
ข้าวผัดสับปะรด Khao Pad Sapparot
Pineapple fried rice is the ultimate Thai comfort food. Thai Fried Rice (khao pad – ข้าวผัด) is a very easy dish to make, and a great way to use leftover rice.
- 1 cup chicken, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 tablespoons Golden Mountain sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry power
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice (preferably at room temperature or cold)
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a medium bowl, marinade chicken in Golden Mountain sauce and Sriracha sauce for 30 minutes.
- In a hot skillet or wok, scramble eggs in two tablespoons of vegetable oil quickly. Set aside.
- Add the remaining three tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil is heated through, add the grated garlic and cook the chicken for two minutes. Stir in the yellow onions and peas. Add 2 tablespoons thin soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, salt, and curry powder. Let this cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes for the pineapple to release its juice and start to caramelize.
- Stir in the jasmine rice until the rice is thoroughly coated with the chicken vegetable mixture.
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro and lemon wedge.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes