Pork Larb - Larb Moo
ลาบหมู - Laab Moo
This is an all-time popular Thai dish. Traditionally in Thai restaurants it is made with chicken. Pork Laab is more common in Thailand and Laos. It's quick to make and often extremely spicy, but the lime juice and mint leaves make for an exotic and splendid combination.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup green scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted rice powder
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai dried chili flakes
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the water to a simmer over medium high heat. Stir in pork and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Turn off heat.
- Stir in scallions, cilantro, mint, rice powder, fish sauce, lime juice and chili flakes.
- Serve with sticky rice and cucumbers.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes