Putgochu Jeon (Fried Stuffed Peppers)
This dish is part of the jeon family, or the fried family. I take two different kinds of pepper and stuff and fry them.
- 10 long green pepper (try to get thicker ones, not thin)
- 5-6 tbsp flour
- 13 oz beef -- sirloin or other cut with less fat
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 stalks of green onion, diced
- 1 tsp sesame seed powder (kaesogum 깨소금)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice the green peppers open on one side and remove the seeds. Dust the inside with flour. Dust with flour as well. Set aside.
- Slice beef thinly and into small pieces, pounding on the beef with the knife on the cutting board to tenderize it a bit. Season with garlic, green onion, sesame seed powder, black pepper and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the mixture into the long green peppers, filling the long peppers. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk, adding a pinch of salt and pepper. Put into a rectangular dish for dipping the peppers into.
- Coat the stuffed sides of long pepper and bell pepper with flour then egg.
- Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil until warm, adding the stuffed peppers. Fry one side of long green pepper until it gets lightly brown, about 3-4 minutes.
Serving Size: 5-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes