Raw Tuna Bibimbap (Hwe Dup Bap)
참치 회덥 비빔밥
Hwedupbap combines sushi-grade fresh tuna with lots of vegetables and some meat, kind of like bibimbap. Unlike bibimbap, however, vegetables used in hwedupbap are fresh and not seasoned. This dish can also be called chamchi hwedup bibimbap.
- ½ medium sized red cabbage
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 1 small size vidalia sweet onion
- 3 medium sized fresh tender cucumber
- ½ pk broccoli sprouts (they resemble alfalfa sprouts)
- 12 sheets perilla leaves
- 1 ½ lb sushi-grade fresh tuna
- 3 tbsp flying fish roe
- Sauce ingredients:
- 6 tbsp hot pepper sauce (gochujang, I like the brand Hejandul 해찬들 고추장)
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Cook 3 cups of white rice. When it's done, fluff it up with the rice scooper.
- Wash all the vegetables carefully, and cut into thin match stick style. Wash sprouts carefully and mix it in with the rest of the vegetables. Keep cut vegetables in the refrigerator, covered, so it will stay crispier.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Chop tuna into small squares.
- Put a scoop of warm rice in the center of a large bowl. Layer the vegetables on top of the warm rice. Then put tuna on top of the vegetable layers and put 1 tbsp of fish eggs on the side. Individuals can spoon over hot sauce, mix it and eat.
Serving Size: 3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes