Shrimp Glazed Tamarind
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs of large uncooked shrimp/prawns, shells removed (this is equal to about 24 shrimps)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoon tamarind from a pliable block
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 4 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- In a small sauce pan, bring the tamarind, water, Sriracha, palm sugar and fish sauce to a boil. Simmer until thickened to consistency of light syrup, about 3 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add onion slices, cook until onions begin to soften; stirring constantly for about 10 minutes. Add the shrimp, cilantro and garlic. Cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink. Turn off the heat and add the tamarind sauce. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 2-3
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes