Songi Baechu Guk (Pine Mushroom & Cabbage Soup)
This is another dish that I created because of the lots of songi buhsuht (wild pine mushrooms) that I picked this fall. This dish has again unique songi flavor; tofu (dooboo) and cabbage (baechu) blends well with the mushroom; it might taste bland for some, but it’s soothing taste for me ...
- 2-3 medium size wild pine mushroom (songi buhsuht 송이 버섯)
- 4-5 Napa cabbage leaves (baechu 배추)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ block of tofu
- 2 cups water
- Prepare Songi buhsuht by dusting off, washing (optional) and slicing into thin pieces.
- Wash Napa cabbage leaves then cut into bite size pieces. Wash and cut green onion into about 2” length wise.
- Cut tofu into thin squares (about ¼” thick).
- Put water in a pot, bring to a boil, add salt and put in napa cabbage and cut green onion. Bring to a 2nd boil, then add tofu blocks and cook for additional 1-2 min. When the napa cabbage leaves are tender, add the sliced mushroom. Cover and turn off the heat, but leave on the burner. After a few minutes, it’s ready to serve. It can be eaten alone, or with rice.
Serving Size: 2-4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes