Soondubu Jjigae (Uncurdled Soft Tofu Stew)
- 20-24 oz of uncurdled tofu (soondubu 순두부) - substitute: soft tofu 1 box, 14 oz
- 1 tsp of garlic
- l/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 fresh or soaked dried shiitake mushrooms (pyogo buhsut)
- 1/2 cup of ripened kimchi, sliced
- l/2 cup of pork sirloin, cut into small strips (optional)
- l/2 cup of shrimp (optional)
- 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes (gochugaru 고추가루)
- l/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of clear soy sauce (gook ganjang 국간장), or regular soy sauce
- dash of black pepper and salt
- 1 cup of water
- Put a pot on high heat and add olive oil, garlic, onion, shiitake mushrooms, l tsp of gook gangjang and saute, covered for about 5 min.
- Add kimchi, stir, add l/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes and sesame oil – add 1 cup of water and cook on medium heat for about 10 min stirring occasionally.
- Add oysters, shrimp and the rest of the red pepper flakes - bring it to boil and simmer for 4-7 mins.
- Taste it, add black pepper, salt, green onion, to taste.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes