Spicy Beef Bowl
A savory, zesty beef soup with crunchy Asian veggies and tender beef strips.
- 1 Tablespoon LEE KUM KEE Chile Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tamarind pulp
- 2 Stalks Lemon Grass cut into 1-1/2” lengths, or 2 teaspoons dried Lemon Grass
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dried Shrimp Paste
- 5 Shallots, peeled, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 Cups prepared Beef Broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Pound seared thinly sliced tender Beef
- 12 blanched thin slices of Radish
- 1 Large carrot, thinly sliced, blanched
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 Cup fresh Bean Sprouts
- 2 fresh Spring Onions, chopped with some tops
- Process the first six ingredients in a food processor or spice grinder, adding a little of the oil as needed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 2-3 quart saucepan over low heat and add the spice mixture.
- Stir-fry 4-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the Beef stock and sugar.
- Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Strain soup through a sieve, pressing down with the back of a spoon to extract the most liquid. back into the pot.
- Reheat the soup over low heat, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, then stir in the Beef, radishes and carrots.
- Heat through and ladle into four warmed bowls. Garnish with the fresh bean sprouts and chopped spring onion. ENJOY!
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 1 hours, 0 minutes