ข้าวเหนียว - Khao Niao
- In a large bowl, thoroughly wash the rice several times until the water runs clear. You will have to do this at least 4 times.
- After the water runs clear, add enough water to the sticky rice to cover a half inch above the rice.
- Soak the rice for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain the rice and place in a bamboo rice steamer and steam over high heat for 20 minutes.
- The sticky rice will be translucent. Remove the rice from the heat. Serve rice in a bamboo rice container. Allow rice to stand for 5-10 minutes to cool
- Sticky rice is often served with som tam and gai yang.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes