String Beans in Garlic Sauce
Learn how to make this classic Chinese favorite, String Beans in Garlic Sauce, at home!
- 1 pound green beans, washed, trimmed at the ends
- 1 tablespoon bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable
- In a small bowl, mix togeher the bean sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, and sugar. Set aside
- Bring a large pan or wok to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Once the oil is hot, toss in the string beans. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes, until their skins pucker and the green beans are tender without being mushy. Transfer the beans into a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the wok on medium-high heat. When the wok is hot and the oil is heated through, add the chopped garlic, ginger and scallions. Stir-fry briefly for a few seconds until aromatic. Add the chili paste, sauce from step 1 and green beans. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed through. Serve hot with rice.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes