Su Jeong Gwa (Korean Persimmon Drink)
- 8 dried dried persimmon (gotgam 곶감)
- 10 cups water
- 1 med size ginger, sliced thinly
- 3 tongae pi, about 4" length (dried whole persimmon piece)
- 2 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup pine nut
- Remove the stems and seeds from the from the dried persimmon.
- In 4 qt sauce pan, boil the water, ginger, dried persimmon pieces and 3 of the dried persimmon for 30 minutes. Strain.
- Add sugar and boil on low heat for l/2 hour or so more. Cool it and store in the refrigerator.
- Using the 5 leftover persimmon, pour over boiled sugar mixture just enough to cover all the persmissons. Cool off boiled water before you pour over persimmons. Let it sit for 4-5 hours and store in the refrigerator – quarter each gotkam when it’s ready to serve. Don’t reuse boiled persimmon.
- When you are ready to serve, get a small serving bowl (ice cream server or salad bowl type), put 2/3 cup of cooled gotkam water, 2 pieces of quartered gotkam, and 5-6 pine nuts on top.
Serving Size: 12-14
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes