Avocado and smoked salmon sushi in cake pan. Decorate like a cake.
- 2 cups Uncooked Japanese Rice/ Sushi Rice
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Avocado
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 Eggs
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1.Rinse rice several times in running water until water gets clear. Drain in a colander. Cook in a sauce pan with a lid or rice cooker according to package directions. Note, just a little bit less water than package directions so that rice is cooked a little bit harder. (To make perfect sushi rice, rice should be cooked little bit harder than regular rice)
- 2.While rice is cooking, in a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- 3.Make finely scrambled eggs. In a lightly oiled frying pan, pour the beaten eggs and stir with 4-5 chopsticks quickly and constantly to make finely scrambled eggs. If you don’t have chopsticks, make sure to stir quickly and constantly with fork, not to stir roughly.
- 4.In a bowl, scoop avocado pulp and mash. Add cream cheese, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- 5.When rice is done, transfer to the medium bowl and add 2(mixuture of rice vinegar, sugar and salt) and mix gently. Don’t stir too much. Let it cool.
- 6.In a cake pan, place plastic wrap on the bottom of the pan, and put in scrambled eggs. Then place half of the sushi rice. Flatten the rice with fork (wet with water). Then put avocado cream cheese mixture on the sushi rice, and place the rest of the sushi rice. Press with wet fork hard to settle. Let it stand for about half an hour until sets.
- 7.Turn the cake pan upside down onto the plate. Remove plastic wrap. Put smoked salmon shaped roses and a couple of leaves of spinach. Serve.
Serving Size: 4-5
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 1 hours, 0 minutes