Thai Cucumber Salad
ยำแตง Yum Taeng
- 1 extra large cucumber, peeled
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 fresh Thai chilies - phrik khi nu(พริกขี้หนู), remove stems
- 1 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix together tamarind paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice. Allow to marinade for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred cucumber down to the core. Once you reach the core, slice into to bite size pieces.
- In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and chilies together until it is broken up. Add the tomatoes and pound it a few times with the pestle. You want the tomatoes to retain it's texture, but to get the jucies released.
- Gently fold in the cucumber. Add the tamarind mixture. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes