Thai Fish Cakes
ทอดมันปลา Tod Mun Pla
Tod Mun Pla is an extremely popular street food in Thailand. Our authentic Thai fish cakes recipe is an ideal finger food for your next at home party meal. This recipe has been used by many generations of my family.
- 2 cups ground white fish (e.g., cod, tilapia, Spanish mackerel, featherback fish).
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder or 1 tablespoon ground cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup yard-long bean, finely diced
- 6 tablespoons kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of vegetable oil, for deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Mix thoroughly by hand until it becomes stiff and sticky.
- Form into small 2 inch diameter cakes; this is about 2 tablespoons of fish mixture per fish patty.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Fry the Thai fish cakes golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain.
- Serve with and cucumber achat .
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes