Thai Grilled Pork
มูย่าง MOO YANG
Thai grilled pork (มูย่าง) is a delicious summer meal that is both sweet and savory. The ingredients (fish sauce, garlic, soy sauce, etc.) not only enhance the flavor of the pork, but tenderizes it, too.
- 2 garlic gloves, grated on a microplane
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or white pepper)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds of pork (I like to use either a pork loin or thin slices or pork chops)
- In a Ziploc bag, mix together the garlic, black pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Add the pork to the Ziploc bag. Tightly seal the bag, while making sure the bag doesn't have any air. Massage the pork to make sure the marinade thoroughly covers the meat for 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Grill the Thai pork until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Let rest until room temperature then slice thinly against the grain.
- Serve it with sticky rice .
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes