Thai Red Curry with Chicken
แกงเผ๊ดแดง Kaeng Phet Daeng
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (you can use fresh red curry paste or canned red curry)
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts, cut into ⅛ inch slices
- 2 peeled potatoes, cut into one-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, sliced diagonally into 2 inch slices
- 1 16-ounce coconut milk
- 1 green pepper, sliced into 1 inch chunks
- 1 3-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots
- Heat up a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Saute the red curry paste in the sauce pan until the curry is aromatic.
- Mix in the potatoes and carrots. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, green pepper and bamboo. Boil until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through - about 5-6 minutes
- Reduce the liquid until the curry is thick and creamy. About 2-3 minutes.
- serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
Serving Size: 4
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes