Toran Guk (Taro Soup)
A simple yet traditional soup that is often made for Korean thanksgiving.
- 1 lb taro (toran 토란)
- 1/3 lb beef (stew meat)
- 3 bunches of green onion
- 1 small Korean white radish (moo 무)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ box of firm tofu
- 3 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- ½ gallon of water
- Peel taro and slice thinly, about ¼” thin. Boil the slices in a pot with pinch of salt in it, for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut meat into a bite-sized, thin slices. Saute with garlic, and black pepper, then set aside.
- Slice white radish into squares, about 1/4" thin. Chop green onions into about ½" long pieces, set aside.
- In a pot, add 1/2 gallon of water, the cooked toran, sautéed meat, and white radish. Boil until the white radish gets tender. Add the salt.
- Then add the tofu and green onion and bring to a quick boil. Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serving Size: 4-6
Rate this Recipe:
Preparation Time: 30 minutes