ASIANSUPPER'S HO, HO, TOFU RECIPE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The “ASIANSUPPER'S SPICE IT UP RECIPE CONTEST” (the “Contest”) starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 5th, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Contest. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 49 United States and District of Columbia, and Canada, EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, PROVINCE OF QUEBEC AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, TERRITORIES OR POSSESSIONS, who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Contest, performed services for Sponsors, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Contest or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: “To enter, visit www.asiansupper.com (the “Web Site”) during the Promotion Period and submit an original Asian recipe that contains tofu, or soybeans as an ingredient. Completely fill out all the required fields on the recipe form, including recipe title, recipe promotion, recipe photograph, recipe ingredients, recipe steps, preparation time and ingredients (the “Entry Material”). Then submit your entry form and the Entry Material to the Web Site (the “Entry” or “Entries”).” ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2011. Limit one (1) Entry per person per e-mail address per day throughout the Promotion Period.
Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All Entry Material/Entries you submit must be original to entrant alone, not copied or plagiarized, and not created in collaboration with anyone, and cannot have been submitted to or published by any other publication, and you must own all copyrights in the Entry Material/Entry, have full rights and authority to grant SupperBox, Inc. the rights, title, interests and copyrights to use the Entry Material/Entry, as provided in the Official Rules, and have acquired any necessary releases with respect to the Entry Material/Entry. Furthermore, Entry Material/Entry cannot contain the image or likeness of or reference in any identifiable way (for example, by first and last name, or by any part of a name that is identifiable) any person other than the entrant, including, but not limited to, any depictions of celebrities, unless a signed release from such person(s) is submitted to Sponsors along with the Entry Material/Entry. Entry Material/Entry cannot describe, in any identifiable way, any copyrights, trademarks/trade names, logos, or similar brand identifying marks, third party artistic works, or describe, depict or contain any illegal, dangerous or unsafe activity, or be otherwise obscene or inappropriate.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA; WINNER SELECTION: The winners of the Contest will be determined on or about January 15, 2012. The administrators AsianSupper.com shall select the winners of the Contest at the end of the Contest period based on the following:
All entries to the contest will first be checked to ensure that they are 1) Asian or Asian-influenced (Chinese, Korean, Thai, Japanese, Indonesian, Filipino, Malaysian, Indian, Vietnamese), 2) includes tofu, or a soybean product as an ingredient, 3) complete -- all fields and a minimum of one photo must be attached to the recipe.
The top three recipes that fulfill the requirements as rated by users will win. The top three rated recipes will be determined by the "star rating" of the recipe, which is equal to the number of ratings multiplied by the average rating number of each recipe as of the Contest period.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by email, using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about January 20, 2012. Sponsors will then send to potential winner(s) by email an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require (the “Affidavit”). In order to receive his/her Prize and be a winner of the Contest, each Winner must sign and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit within fourteen (14) days after receipt of the winner notification by the potential winner(s). Any guest (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) shall sign, have notarized and return to Sponsors a Liability Release, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsors require within fourteen (14) days after receipt by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsors, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Contest, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Sponsors by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the prizes is $150.00 in three (3) $50.00 gift cards. There is a total of three prize(s). Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution, or replacement of prizes permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners’ affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries/Entry Materials that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries/Entry Materials, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any Web sites promoting the Contest; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest promotion, including the entire Contest promotion, and/or modify the Contest and/or select winner(s) to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at http://supperbox.com/sweepstakes
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Contest, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the Prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Sponsors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person’s computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest. In the event that you breach any of your representations, warranties or undertakings contained herein, Sponsor shall be entitled to and may seek indemnification from you for recovery of all legal fees, damages, claims and other expenses that may be incurred by Sponsor or its affiliated entities as a result of your aforementioned breach. Entrant and winners agrees to indemnify Sponsor from any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Contest and the Entry. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of New York. In addition, any dispute relating to the Contest (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Lehigh, New York. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: A winners’ list will be posted on the Web Site on or about January 31, 2012 or to receive a list of the winners after January 31, 2012 by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed (VT state residents only may omit return postage), to: ASIANSUPPER HO HO TOFU RECIPE CONTEST, Supperbox, Inc., 1396 THIRD AVENUE, 3B, NEW YORK, NY 10075 Attn: PHIL, or by e-mail send toHI@SUPPERBOX.COM, and in the body of the e-mail type: “Please e-mail me the winner’s list for the “ASIANSUPPER HO HO TOFU RECIPE CONTEST.”
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsors of the Contest are Supperbox, Inc., 1396 THIRD AVENUE, 3B, NEW YORK, NY 10075.